Nothing to do it but to do it..let’s get into 10 things about me. I’d love to know a random fact about you.
- My first crush was in 3rd grade! This kid who’d moved from our town from Detroit, Michigan who only stayed at our school for a year before moving somewhere else. I had shoeboxes full of ‘love letters,’ I wrote to him which basically consisted of song lyrics. I’d literally hear a song on the radio, run home and add the lyrics to the current letter in progress then stash it away in the box. So, when Jenny Han published To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before..I felt that on a whole other level.
- As a kid, I was obsessed with horror. It started with my love of Goosebumps by R.L. Stein and just kind of went from there. The grocery store used to have these little horror magazines in the checkout aisle my parents would buy me. One night, my Mom and I watched the third Candyman movie and let me tell you! All his movies are scary but there’s something about THAT one, that had me scared to go to bed. The horror magazine I’d bought most recently at the time said if you think you have a haunting take a pair of shoes and face each shoe in a different direction at the foot of the bed. It sounds so ridiculous now but that’s how I slept for weeks after..oh and with my softball bat within arms reach for extra measures!
- I’m one of those weird people who believes in ghosts but have never had an experience. I don’t know how I’d handle it if I did.
- I’m a total empath, and I don’t know how I feel about it. I remember during group therapy one time, I was moved into a new room to talk ptsd. As soon as I sat down I started crying! I was so overwhelmed. I told the counselor, someone was going to be notified ‘they didn’t have enough time,’ and someone else felt like, ‘this was their last chance.’ Sure enough, a girl was notified she was being sent home earlier than expected and one of the guys felt that this was his last chance! He’d done so many therapies and treatments. It was crazy. It was real to me, like this is something for real! But it is also really overwhelming taking on other people’s emotions.
There are books I won’t readsimply because I know I’m going to love it so much! It’s almost like I’m intimidated by the experience I know it’s going to bring.
- I have slept with my rain app on every night since 2011. Even if it’s actually raining outside, my app has to be on!
I deployed to Saudi Arabiafor six months and I’m still pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it there. It was one of those experiences where I really embraced myself in where I was and took it for what it was. Was it the most progressive place to be a female? No. But how many other 32 year old American girls can say they lived in the city of Riyadh? Not many. It was a crazy experience, but I loved every minute of it.
- I’m an obsessive coca-cola drinker. I know I know. It’s like the worst drink out there. What can I say..? I’m addicted. I do love water too though and feel like I balance my drinking habits out pretty well. Also, in my defense, I am making a conscience effort to drink more water than coke and hopefully weed it out of my consumption eventually.
- The older I get and the more books I read, my five star ratings are shifting. For a book to be a five star rating for me, it’s all about the experience I have while reading it. There are books that put knots in my chest it feels like. Books that I have to sit down and walk away from because I’m awestruck at what I just read! I pay more attention to the craft of storytelling. I love beautiful writing. If I finish a book and know I’ll be thinking about it for a long time, it’s definitely a five star read.
- I think my spirit is eternally 17, almost legal but still holding on loosely to childhood. The age I am most excited to reach for some reason is 47. I don’t know what it is but it’s like something has reached across the universe and whispered to me that, at 47 I am going to be wholly confident, in love with my life and at my best. I could and should, totally be doing this now..but there’s something about that age that I am aspiring to reach for. Guess we’ll see what happens. ♡
I’d love to know something about you! Share with me a random fact.