Hello Friends and Happy Thursday. I am excited to announce that I will be participating in the upcoming Summer Romance 2018 Bingo . This is being hosted by Sarah from Not Just Romance Novels and Sissy @ Romance Queen of Booktube on Youtube from June 1-August 1.
Once I saw Sarah’s video announcing the Bingo I knew immediately I wanted to be part of it. Altogether there are 25 different reading prompts and I think this challenge will aside from being fun, also be really good for me as a new romance reader. To be honest Friends, I think up to this point I have found my safe zone and kept myself in a box with the romance I’ve been reading. This isn’t a bad thing–I think it’s cool once you’ve figured out what it is you like, but at the same time, how do I know there isn’t more out there that I would like if I continue to play it safe?
Just glimpsing at a few of the challenges, some made me nervous and some I knew instantly could be fun. For instance–Read a Romantic Suspense. Thrillers and Suspense novels have never been my thing but I am determined to give romantic suspense a try and hopefully like it–I am sure Nora Roberts has plenty of those for me to choose from! Another is to–Read a Romance With a Cowboy. I am a Missouri Girl no matter where in the world I am and find cowboys/country boys so sexy, so I am all for giving a cowboy romance a try.
One guard I’ve let up to do this challenge is to be open to reading Young Adult/Contemporary romances.
It has been almost four years since I’ve read any young adult, but to be honest Friends, I have my days when I miss it. Especially with summer approaching, I think it can be the perfect time to read young adult. One title I picked up is The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo. This book has a romance, takes place in the summer, involves a food truck and an unexpected friendship. I am totally here for it and would be lying if I said that the food truck didn’t have anything to do with me wanting to read it.
So just to give you an idea, I’ll list the challenges:
- Stand alone novel
- Novel that takes place in a small town
- Romance featuring someone in the medical field
- Sports Romance
- Romance with a one word title
- Sub Genre: Contemporary Romance
- 2018 RITA Finalist
- Book that is part of a series
- Novel that takes place in a country you don’t live in.
- Harlequin Category Romance
- Romance featuring a musician
- Sub Genre: Paranormal Romance
- Novel that takes place in a major city
- Sub Genre: Inspirational Romance
- Romance with a Cowboy
- Romance novel published in 2018
- Book you bought for the cover
- Book by an author writing under a pseudonym
- Book with less than 1000 reviews on Goodreads
- Romance with a cat or dog on the cover
- Sub Genre: Romantic Suspense
- Sub Genre: Historical Romance
- Romance set at the beach
- Book with more than 10,000 reviews on Goodreads
- Reader’s Choice
I am really looking forward to exploring books that fit into these different prompts. I foresee a lot of long nights, wine drinking and early Saturday mornings sitting at Starbucks as I make my way through the challenges. If you have any recommendations for any of the challenges please let me know. Right now my game plan is to post a TBR for five books at a time so I will update you in the next couple of days as to what I’ll be reading first.
Let me know if this sounds interesting to you and if you plan to join in! Hope all is well Friends, until next time xoxo–Bree
Married Mom of 3. Military girl. Reader. Falling in love with romance novels.